2019 East Lake County Library Poetry Contest
The East Lake County Library is holding the Annual Poetry Contest in honor of April as National Poetry Month. Entries are being accepted now until May 3, 2019.
The Poetry Contest is for all ages and will be separated into three age groups:
Children's Group: up to 12 years old
Teen Group: 13-18 years old
Adult Group: 19+ years old
There is no limit to how many entries that can be submitted by one person. To qualify, entries must be as follows:
- On any topic
- Any style of writing
- Poems should have a title
- Names should not be on front of Poem
- Preferred Typed
- Fit on ONE letter-size page (8.5x11) and preferably typed
- Submitted with entry form or via U.S. Mail or electronically with the online entry form.
- Hard copies should have the name and age group on the back of the poem
- Deadline May 3, 2019
Prizes will be awarded to the top three winners in each age group
1st place - $50 Gift certificate to Books-A-Million
2nd place - $25 Gift certificate to Books-A-Million
3rd place - $15 Gift certificate to Books-A-Million
Entries are no longer being accepted. Entries were accepted through May 3, 2019.
For more information contact:
Scott N. Amey
East Lake County Library