The following libraries are offering tax assistance services this year:
Cagan Crossings Community Library (Four Corners)
- United Way Free Tax Preparation VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program will be available at Cagan Crossings Community Library on Fridays from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. beginning Friday, February 3, 2023. No appointment is necessary, assistance will be available on a first come, first served basis.
Eustis Memorial Library
- AARP Tax Aide will be available at Eustis Memorial Library starting Monday, February 6, 2023. Assistance will be available by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call 352-800-6914. When arriving for scheduled appointments, please enter the Library building on the South Side. Look for the red AARP flag.
Fruitland Park Library
- AARP Tax Aide will be available at Fruitland Park Library beginning Thursday, February 2, 2023. Assistance will be available each Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2:20 p.m. until April 13, 2023. Appointments can be made at https://villagestaxaide.com/.
Lady Lake Public Library
- AARP Tax Aide will be available at Lady Lake Library on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning Tuesday, January 31, 2023, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Appointments must be made online at https://villagestaxaide.com/.
Leesburg Public Library
- AARP Tax Aide will be available at Leesburg Public Library Monday-Thursday from 9:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. The first date of availability will be Wednesday, February 1, 2023. Appointments are required and walk-ins will not be accepted. To make an appointment:
o Call 352-717-4125 beginning January 18 and leave a voicemail, or
o Send an email to email@example.com beginning January 18, or
o Make an appointment in person at Leesburg Public Library beginning February 1 from 9:15 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Tavares Public Library
- AARP Tax Aide will be available at Tavares Public Library on Fridays and Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. beginning Friday, February 3. Appointments are required. To schedule an appointment, please call 352-717-4125, and leave a message. The Tax Coordinator will call you back to confirm your appointment.
Other Lake County Libraries will be carrying IRS tax forms. A limited number of tax forms are available at libraries. Please consider calling ahead to make sure your library has tax forms available. Tax forms can also be downloaded online from irs.gov.