Welcome to the Lake County Library System's Online Newsstand!
click banner to enter the Zinio Website
Free digital magazines are brought to your library through Zinio, a division of Recorded Books. If you are a first time user of Zinio, you will need to create an account. If you have any difficulty installing Zinio, bring your device into any of our libraries and we will be happy to assist you.
How to read magazines online:
- Go to the Zinio Website
- Click on the “Create New Account” link in the upper, right hand corner.
- Create a User ID using your e-mail address and password. You will also need your library card for verification purposes
- Once you are logged in, you can start browsing the magazine collection.
- Click on the “Checkout Now” icon located on the bottom right of the magazine you want to read.
- A pop up window will appear. Click on the blue “Start Reading” button and a separate browser window will open with your magazine!
To download a magazine to an iPad or Android Device:
- Once you’ve checked out a magazine, instead of clicking on “Start Reading” as described in Step 6 above, click on the iPad or Android app link directly below to access the app on your device.
- If you do not have the "Zinio for Libraries" app installed on your device, you will be redirected to your App Store to download and install the app on your reader.
- Log into the App with Country/State and Library Collection Name. Your library collection name is Lake County Library System.
- Enter the login information that you created from the website.
- Download a magazine from your collection into the app and start reading!
Reader App for iPhone and Kindle HD is coming soon, but you will still be able to read magazines online if your device has a browser.
Zinio for Libraries iPad One Account Experience from RBdigital from Recorded Books on Vimeo.