Welcome to the Lake County Library System's Online Newsstand!
Free digital magazines are brought to your library through Zinio, a division of Recorded Books. If you are a first time user of Zinio, PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY! The initial setup of Zinio on your device can be tricky, but once it is done, using Zinio is fast and easy. As always, you may bring your device into any of our libraries and we will be happy to assist you.
- To download magazines, you will need your library card and a valid e-mail because you will have to create two separate logins. It is advisable to use the same e-mail address and password for both accounts.
- Always begin at the library's website and look for the link to Zinio on our homepage. As a first time user, click on "Create New Account" in the upper, right-hand corner. From here, you will have to enter your 14-digit library barcode, which will then take you to a screen where you enter your e-mail and password. Click on the “Browse Magazines” button on the left and you’re ready to go.
Here's the tricky part...
- If you want to download a magazine to keep for later, you must download a reader app for your device or PC. From your computer, smartphone, or tablet: click on the Zinio link from your library’s website (as you did in Step 2). Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says “Download your free Zinio reader app” and click on the appropriate device link.
For some devices, like the Kindle Fire, you may need special assistance. Follow this link to the device help. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the document, you will see links to the different devices. Click on them and it will get you on your way. There is also a link right below that for technical help for patrons.
- Once the app is loaded, you will need to set up an account specifically for the app; we recommend using the same e-mail address and password as you did in Step 2. Click on the "My Library" link or the icon that looks like an open book to sign up. This is also where you’ll be able to view your downloaded magazines.
- We suggest that you do not download the app before you set up an account through the Zinio website.
- You must use a browser and be logged in through the library’s website to look at and download titles.
- The Zinio app is used ONLY for reading magazines that you wish to download and read later.
- Zinio is a store, like Amazon or Barnes and Noble, and there are links to purchase other magazine titles, but the magazines you get from the library will always appear in the My Library tab of the Zinio app.
Contact the Library
Zinio Online Help
Okay, I’m ready to go! Take me there!
Disclaimer: Some of the magazines offered through Zinio are provided for free because they contain advertisements. Zinio is also a paid site and will allow you to purchase magazines if you so choose. If you do not wish to have advertisements or receive offers from Zinio, you may opt out of this in your account settings.