Lake County Encourages Everyone to Participate in
Library Card Sign-Up Month
Lake County, FL – September is Library Card Sign-Up Month. Every year, the Lake County Library System joins libraries nationwide to encourage community members to sign up for a library card. The card allows access to an abundance of resources and programming for all age ranges.
“Libraries are essential to building better communities,” said George Taylor, director of the Lake County Library System. “We offer engaging programs for all ages and interests that promote literacy and lifelong learning. Lake Libraries have books in all formats, digital magazines, a free tutoring program through Tutor.com, and much more, all available with a library card.”
With a library card, patrons can access:
1. Books in all formats (print, eBook, audiobook, large print, etc.)
2. 16 unique libraries: 6 county branch libraries
, and 10 member libraries
3. A large collection of DVDs (available at each location)
4. Online and print magazines
5. Online Learning Resources like LinkedIn Learning, Tutor.com, and Pronunciator
6. Genealogy Resources including Ancestry Library, HeritageQuest Online, and Florida Memory Project
7. Programs for all ages and all interests
8. An online catalog to search for and reserve items for pickup
9. Free computer access including WiFi
For those who already have a library card, September is a great time to encourage a friend or family member to sign up as well. For more information about the Lake County Library System visit https://www.mylakelibrary.org/ or follow Lake County Library System on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LakeCountyFLLibrary.